Great hot dog recipes and side dishes from famous locales nationwide.
Americans eat around 20 billion dogs a year, and it's no wonder that wherever you find yourself in the country, there's a local hot dog stand, diner, deli, or restaurant with a special take on this American classic. From the Coney Island Dog of New York to the Remoulade Dog in New Orleans to the tortilla-wrapped Bacon Burrito Dog served up at Pink's in Los Angeles, The Great American Hot Dog Book takes you on a tour to reveal the inside story of how the hot dog has evolved and become even more firmly entrenched in America's culinary traditions.
- Blackie's Deep-Fried Dogs and Pear-Pepper Relish
- The Original Nathan's Famous Hot Dog
- Bacon Cheese Dogs with Fried Onions
- Pizza Fries
- Pink's Pastrami Burrito Dogs
- July is National Hot Dog Month!
- During Hot Dog Season-Memorial Day to Labor Day-Americans typically consume 7 billion hot dogs-or 818 hot dogs consumed every second during that period.