Gibbs Smith Assistant Manager of Special Sales
Gibbs Smith is seeking an Assistant Manager of Special Sales. This role will provide support and some account management in the special sales and gift channel. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to expand their role beyond an entry level position.
Externally, this role will work with our sales reps and accounts across the country, assisting them with materials, information, creating sell sheets, and other needs to grow sales. Internally, this role will support the Director of Special Sales and the overall sales efforts of the special sales and gift channel, including ownership of some accounts.
Support responsibilities include building and maintaining spreadsheets and reports, designing PowerPoints, managing digital and printed assets, organizing, and delivering materials for sales calls and showrooms, organizing seasonal sales conferences, representing the company at gift trade shows as needed.
Gibbs Smith is an employee-owned benefit corporation. We take care of our environment and commit to carbon neutrality. We reduce what we can and offset what we are not yet able to. We positively impact the communities we serve, employee-owners, local communities, and the book and education industries. We are a respected publisher and distributor who has been in business for over 50 years, publishing beautifully illustrated books in categories such as design, cooking, and children’s. We also have a robust gift product line.
This position is full time, and offers full benefits such as medical, dental, (paid) life insurance, 401(k), and UTO (unlimited time off). This position can either be out of our office in Kaysville, UT, or remote.
- Manages needed materials for our team of gift sales representatives across the country. This includes organizing and delivering book samples, gift show and showroom needs, catalogs, mock-ups, digital files, sell sheets, and other various needs and inquiries as they arise.
- In conjunction with customer service implement commission adjustments as needed for all the gift sales rep groups.
- Manage databases for various sales systems internal and external, including Brandwise and Market Place
- Submit and keep data updated and accurate for all active titles
- Gather all image assets to load into Brandwise/Market Place and label them by ISBN
- Hotspot each seasonal catalog (“mapping” each item in catalog to our ISBN data so reps can quickly scan and order items)
- Regularly present and sell to assigned direct accounts. Maintain relationships, sales orders and budget goals for these accounts
- Maintain regular sales reports and run reporting as needed from NetSuite and Tableau
- In conjunction with customer service manage sales sheet data and make OSI and price changes on sales sheets – upload these updated sales sheets back to Blue Host
- Create updated title lists of monthly regional bestsellers to be made into sales sheets for distribution to and use by our team of sales reps.
- Create and maintain a full Edelweiss catalog that has all active Gibbs Smith titles, optimize Edelweiss listings as needed
- Assists in organizing the seasonal sales conferences
- Contributes to the management and oversight of the foreign rights and licensing business
- Additional responsibilities and tasks assigned as needed
- 2 years minimum experience in publishing sales or in the gift market
- Strong people and communication skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Self-starter on goals and deadlines
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Database experience