Quips and life advice from a prolific writer of western humor, Texas Bix Bender. Layers of meaning make this ranchman’s humor relative, from the stockyard to the stock market, from the bunkhouse to the watering hole.
- “For every mile of bad road you travel, there’s two miles of ditch you’re staying out of.”
- “If you look a gift horse in the mouth, you could lose a nose.”
- “Bulls seldom make passes at heifers with gases.”
- “Never play leapfrog with a bull.”
- “Life is like a cow pasture. It’s very hard to get through it without stepping in some unpleasant things.”
Texas Bix Bender is the author of eighteen books, including the best-selling Don’t Squat With Yer Spurs On series. He has written for television and radio shows. He lives in Nashville, Tennessee.